Futuro Media Group: Finance Associate
Futuro Media Group seeks a business & finance director to work part time in our Harlem office. Candidates must have strong knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel, with an emphasis on financial statement preparation and reporting. Media (Radio/TV) or arts organization experience is preferred but not necessary. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently to solve problems at a granular level and ensure a steady daily transactional flow, while also maintaining comprehensive oversight of the organization’s stability, liquidity, cash flow and financing strategies. It is a staff position working approximately 30 hours weekly throughout 3 or 4 days, hours flexible. Knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not required.
• Sole responsibility for all financial transactions (A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, payroll through ADP assisted payroll service, etc.)
• Working closely with the Executive Director for all financial reporting analyses, planning, and projections, including forecasting of cash flows, and generating P/L statements for specific projects
• Implementing and monitoring the annual operating budget
• Grant reporting and budgeting
• Corresponding with outside accountant at year’s end for annual audit preparation
• Additional business and administrative duties as needed
Deadline and Application Process
To apply, please send your cover letter stating qualifications, detailing previous experience, resume, and references via email with the subject “Finance Associate Position” to email@example.com. Materials above must be submitted by April 30, 2014 to be considered for this position. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About The Futuro Media Group
The Futuro Media Group (FMG) is an independent non-profit media organization dedicated to producing multiplatform journalism that explores and gives voice to the diversity of the American experience. Launched in spring 2010, Futuro Media works in the public interest – informing and educating the public about compelling narratives, real lives, and important stories that are often overlooked by mainstream media. The Futuro Media Group is dedicated to equal employment opportunity and welcomes all viable candidates who meet the job qualifications to submit their applications for consideration. For more information, go to http://www.futuromediagroup.org/.
The Futuro Media Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and background to apply.