The Futuro Media Group Administration department is a small and dedicated team of professionals working closely with all staff to establish efficient systems and processes in multiple areas to support the smooth functioning of the active and growing organization. The Systems Engineer will strive to build and support the technological infrastructure of the organization, by supporting the Chief of Staff in the daily operations of The Futuro Media Group’s network, computer, and audio engineering systems and providing technical support to its users. This is a 20 hour per week, part-time position reporting to the Chief of Staff.
The Futuro Media Group is an independent nonprofit organization producing multimedia journalism that explores and gives a critical voice to the diversity of the American experience. Based in Harlem and founded in 2010 by award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa, The Futuro Media Group is committed to creating multimedia content for and about the new American mainstream in the service of empowering people to navigate the complexities of an increasingly diverse and connected world.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Support the Chief of Staff in managing servers, Internet access, user accounts, databases, network equipment, and desktop hardware and software with a strong emphasis on audio production workflow support
- Onboard and offboard all staff with desktop, software, hardware, Google Workspace and peripheral equipment needs
- Address and solve user issues with desktop, software, hardware, Google Workspace and peripheral equipment needs
- Provide friendly, knowledgeable support to users experiencing technical issues at The Futuro Media Group’s main office and remote staff
- Keep staff informed of software and hardware status, and any known issues
- Follow and maintain IT security awareness and best practices as appropriate in order to deliver secure solutions to users
- Create and update instructions and tutorials as needed to aid in the use of managed services available to staff
- Ensure and maintain a robust and secure workstation and network environment for on-site and remote staff
- Conduct software and hardware research, testing, and implementation, as well as log and troubleshoot services
- Evaluate, implement, and manage appropriate software and hardware solutions to ensure system integrity
- Build, maintain, and ensure the backup of key systems
- Install, configure, and maintain servers and related network hardware
- Recommend and plan network architecture and equipment needs
- Oversee daily system monitoring: verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware; server resources; systems and key processes; reviewing system and application logs; and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform and supervise routine maintenance checks and updates on servers, local, and networked client systems
- Perform software upgrades, including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of software, audio/video devices, peripherals, cabling and other equipment
- Plan, install, maintain, repair and support all software, hardware, and peripherals, following design or installation specifications
- Maintain accurate and current records for hardware inventory, software licensing, and network configuration
- Work closely with the Audio Engineering department in the maintenance, updating and troubleshooting of our audio software and hardware. This includes remote and in-person support for staff using Pro Tools DAW and plugin bundles, remote troubleshooting for Zencastr recordings, and in-person troubleshooting for our in-house vocal booth and audio hardware.
- Liaise with outside vendors and coordinate with Chief of Staff on purchase requests
- Research and suggest the implementation of new technology projects to meet Futuro Media’s goals and objectives
- Perform other systems related duties to support the Administration department, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and three years related experience required
- Extensive knowledge of Apple hardware, operating systems and software applications, network environments, internal components, and multifunction laser printers
- Extensive knowledge of all software and hardware related to office administration and media production workflows, including Pro Tools (and supported plugin bundles), Google Workspace, Zencastr, Slack, Zoom
- Working knowledge of all Adobe Creative Suite software, Apple Remote Desktop; Mac OS Server, Profile Manager, HTML and other web scripting languages
- Proficiency in Google Workspace
- Passion to learn new technologies to benefit Futuro Media
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting methodology, analytical reasoning, and organizational skills
- Ability and desire to provide excellent customer service and explain technical concepts in nontechnical terms to staff
- Appropriate training or certifications a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Solid organization skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in order to contribute to problem-solving activities within a growing, changing organization
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Cultural competence and the ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
HOW TO APPLY:
The Futuro Media Group is a diverse work environment and encourages individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email with the subject “PT Systems Administrator” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted by Friday, June 18, 2021 to be considered for this position, but we encourage early applications.
Pay range of $42,000 to $47,000, commensurate with experience.
Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.